Would you like to learn to play beach tennis ? Perhaps you’ve played before yourself but you’re unaware of some of the rules. Below – find helpful links that will help to get you started and better understand the sport
ITF Basic Beach Tennis Tutorials
Below are some helpful resources from the International Tennis Federation.
- Rules Learn The Rules Of Beach Tennis | ITF – YouTube
- FAQs Does It Bounce…??? | Beach Tennis Frequently Asked Questions | ITF – YouTube
- Top 10 Rallies Of The Tournament | Beach Tennis World Championships
- The Ultimate Beach Tennis Guide | ITF – YouTube
To see more, visit. the ITF’s website and learn more about the ITF Beach Tennis Tour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rules & Regulations
- No bounce
- Serve anywhere behind the line
- First to 4 points
- If tied 3-3/ Golden Rule goes into effect. Golden point
- Men serve underhand in mixed doubles
- Women can do either over or under
- 3 meter rule- until the ball is in play
- Stand behind 3 meter line to return serve, once server makes contact with ball then you can move forward
- Cannot pass your racket over the net; toes cannot go past the net
- Cannot touch your racket to the net or else results in loss of point
To get an overview of the rules, regulations and scoring for beach tennis, click here.